Thursday, April 30, 2009

Beautiful Connecticut...in 52miles

This weeks practice has been going great. On Monday I rode 40 miles in record speed, Tuesday, and Wednesday I swam 3200 yards, and Thursday I biked another 52 miles.
Mondays right was fast...very fast...I averaged 21.79 mph and if it wasn't for the last hill in Farmington I might have broken 22 mph.
Tuesday and Thursday I finally switched up my swim practice from the usual 6x 500 to 10x 100 on 15sec rest, 5x 200 on 20sec rest, and 2x 500 on 30sec rest. I feel comfortable in the water right now and I am getting in a lot of distance. My major goal needs to be speed so I hope the 100yard intervals will help me with that.
Today I tested out a new loop and I must say it was phenomenal. Hills...just the way I like it...and talk about scenic...Connecticut is beautiful around the Canton area. Based on google maps I climbed at least 800ft to the Saville Dam in Barkhamstead, CT. I always wanted to go there and it was gorgeous. Besides the killer winds the ride was amazing. With a scenery like that riding becomes so much easier...have a look.


This is the link to my loop: 52 miles of New Britain - Farmington - Unionville -North Canton - Barkhamstead - New Hartford - Canton Center - and back to New Britain

This was the last practice session for the month.

April 2009 Total: 560miles on the bike and 20200 yards in the pool

P.S. Happy Birtday Rob! a

4 comments:

Josie said...

That looks like an awesome ride! We'll have to drag Rob out this way to ride it sometime. Great bike total for the month - I did 390 miles, and 27200 yards of swimming (none since sunday due to road rash ;) ) and just about 50 miles of running (including my week off with the swollen ankle). Hopefully the next month will be injury-free!

iron-boyer said...

damn girl...you practice a lot. Keep it up. I hope we can get in a few more rides together before I move to Long Island.

Josie said...

I need to practice so I can keep up with you guys!

Bob Almighty said...

Thanks for the B-day wishes

On the training looks like my thesis and moving are going to be taking a sizeable chunk of time out of it.