Monday, April 6, 2009

Midterms are over...Griskus Sprint 2009?

And another New England rainy day is coming to an end...
On Saturdays I remember Josie saying something like: "why does everyone wear jammers now a days" and today I became one of those guys too. I tested my new swim jammer and I gotta say it felt good. I went for a 3000 yard swim. 6 x 500yards plus a 200 yard warm up. This has been the longest I have gone so far and I feel great. Not like swimming is that exhausting but only three weeks ago I dislocated my shoulder so I couldn't really swim in the mean time. Last Thursday I still had some pain when I swam but today I felt some improvement. Shouldn't take too much longer until the pain is gone.
I finished my last midterm for this semester today at 8:32pm and I felt the relieve as soon as I walked out of that classroom. I am not sure how I did but I am just happy it's over. Not too far away finals will be bugging my mind but at least for a little while I can concentrate on the sport.
After Rob send me an email saying that he will be doing the Griskus Sprint again I thought about entering too. The race is on a Wednesday which perfectly goes with my work schedule over the summer. So if I can get him to pick me up in New London I think I will be in to give him some extra motivation on the bike. I will probably see you out there...

No comments: