Thursday, April 9, 2009

Good news vs. bad news

Background: Over the summer I am working for a hotel & restaurant as the Assistant Controller. July and August are our biggest months and weekends during that time are crazy...especially the weekend we have the 4th of July fireworks.
good news first...
I have contacted my boss and he allowed me to take the weekend of my graduation off. That means my debate if I should walk or not on May 23rd is resolved.
bad news...
My boss did not allow me to take the weekend of July 12th off since that is the weekend we will have the fireworks. That means I won't be able to do the Ironman 70.3 Providence that I wanted to do so badly....sorry Rob. Instead I will be registering for the Griskus Sprint on July 8th. Goal is the podium.
If I can convince my boss to let me take off a weekend in August I might try to do the 70.3 Steelhead (August 1st) or the 70.3 Lake Stevens (August 16th). Lake Stevens is one day after my birthday so maybe I can convince my boss to give me off those days. Will see how it goes...

Debate: Today is gorgeous and it's a perfect day for a long ride...actually it's a perfect day to skip Calc III and do a long ride instead. My schedule says "OFF DAY" but I hope my body will forgive once my brain tells it to enjoy the scenery.

Mo: 3000 yards + 200 warm up
Tue: 3000 yards + 200 warm up
30 miles (20 mph average)
Wed: 40 miles (20 mph average)
Thur: ? probably a 40-50 mile ride :)

2 comments:

Bob Almighty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob Almighty said...

Sorry my original comment was the following: The first timer division at the Griskus is for those competing their first Triathlon. To get put in with the other 18-24 just shoot Tom Wilkas an email..because with your bike split you could definitely be in contention for the AG podium.