Sunday, April 5, 2009

new start in April

Going out in the freezing New England weather this Saturday was what other people call crazy. Rob, Josie and I met up for a bike ride around Lake Waramaug. Rob's idea was to go for ONLY 70 miles but weather conditions stopped us at half the distance. The weather forecast predicted a 40% chance of precipitation but that was enough to rain when we started the ride. Almighty figured he could do better so he added some tornado like winds to the great conditions which made it feel like...where are my toes? has anyone seen my toes? oh there they are I just can't feel them. After 5 loops around the lake we called it a day but most important was that all of us finished strong....with an extra large pizza somewhere in the nowhere of CT.
After yesterdays weather Almighty had to make up for a crappy day so he created an almost perfect Sunday with a lot of sun and horrible winds. So I went out for another 40 mile ride. The wind like I said was crazy. Coming from West Hartford I went up Avon Mountain into Simsbury. For the first 20 miles I had head winds so I was excited to turn around for the way back. Going down Avon Mountain I tried to refuel so I figured I just let it roll...yeah that didn't work. The hill I usually go down at 40 mph wasn't steep enough...the wind was so strong that I had to pedal downhill at 18mph. On my way back I saw this awesome tree...Every child's dream for a tree house

...and I took some other pictures of the ride.
Random farm at the bottom of Avon Mountain...
Avon Mountain...I think...

No comments: