Tuesday, April 14, 2009

3 days without training...damn you DC

Last Thursday I skipped class and went for a 50 miler managing a 20.32mph average. After almost 4 months training stop I have been highly motivated to get out on the bike. I have taken Josie's advice and prepared a training schedule (so far I have always done what I felt like) and the plan is to average 150 - 200 miles per week until I am done with classes. My week also includes 6k -10k yards swimming and minimal running. I have had bad knee problems over the winter and my doctor told me I have a light cartilage damage in my right knee. And since I stopped heavy running I feel good. After this season I will decide if I have to have surgery. It's called microfracture and it could cost me 2 years of recovery...this type of surgery can only be done if you have a lot of patience which I don't...big problem right there. But lets hope I can do 95% of my endurance workout on the bike and only run occasionally.
On Friday I left for a trip to Washington with a friend of mine. The Holiday Inn we stayed in had a gym so I can't say that I didn't have the chance to train but I just didn't. My fault and I feel bad for it. Stupid regrets...yeah the running guy in the picture below wasn't me.



The highlight of the trip was Sunday. The weather was perfect so we took the subway to Georgetown and started walking around. Georgetown was amazing...I could picture myself living there that's how nice it was.

No comments: