Saturday, July 25, 2009

not what I expected

It's only been 3 days since I got off my crutches but I don't like what I am feeling right now. I am experiencing a pinching pain close to where I felt my pain pre-surgery only this time it's more severe. I can tell myself that it is normal since my knee wasn't baring weight for 4 weeks or I freak out...I am kinda in the middle of those two. I figured out that if I take baby steps and keep my leg as straight as possible when I walk the pain is gone but that can't possibly be a solution for life. Right now I am hoping that this is temporarily. On Monday morning I will contact my doctor to see what the next step should be. If I have to go back to crutches I will but I am crossing my fingers that it is a normal symptom.
I went on my trainer twice in the past 3 days and I don't feel any pain. I figured since it's not much weight that my knee has to bare I will continue that to keep my leg moving as prescribed by my doctor. I was hoping to be back on the street when Rob comes to visit on the 7th-9th of August but I really need to take it slow. Sorry dude!
I envy all of you that will participate in the Lake Placid Ironman. Good luck to you all and enjoy the race.

2 comments:

Josie said...

So glad you're off the crutches!!! I hope the pain is just due to lack of use, but listen to your doc and take care of yourself! Rob and I need to have you in good shape next year so we can chase you through the Litchfield hills!

Bob Almighty said...

Can't wait to come down next weekend. I echo Josie on the knee thing but definetly talk to the doc to make sure.

On the finding someplace where we could train year round...I just happen to have found one, and it's in a shortage of math and science teachers, granted it's an 18 hour flight away.