Thursday, July 23, 2009

I am walking again

4 weeks have passed and I finally put a side my crutches. Almost...
Last night I decided to do my first few steps and I think my body didn't really know what to do with my right leg so whenever I encounter stairs I still need to use a crutch to support my weight. It was the weirdest feeling I ever had...no doubt on my mind. I have a little pinching pain in my knee but I have a feeling that this is normal and it will disappear when my leg is used to the weight. Besides that I am super excited and it feels good. I am at about 95% of my range of motion pre-surgery and swelling seems to be history too.
Today was also my first day to do some stationary biking. I hooked my bike into the trainer and did 20min at a very easy pace to see how my knee reacts. I didn't have any discomfort and it felt much better than walking since the weight was gone. If I feel good later on I will do another 20min and increase my time as I progress. As most people would think indoor riding is boring...I am so excited to feel the pedal under my food I could do this all day right now. I am extremely happy to stand on my two legs. I have done everything the doctor told me to and so far it seems to be working. Tomorrow I am thinking about joining the jellyfish in the bay so that will be another exciting day.

No comments: