Tuesday, August 4, 2009

6 weeks past surgery

I am doing better...2 weeks off my crutches and I finally feel some improvement. The past few days I have made constant progress in regards to pain while walking. The feeling I have is getting better very slowly but at least I can see improvement. I can walk without limping and the pinching pain is almost gone. I have been biking between 20-30 minutes almost every day and I did a few strokes in the bay in front of the hotel completely painless.
On Monday I was coaching the Sunset Beach soccer team in the annual tournament on Shelter Island but lets not talk about it too much. Let's just say my coaching career can only take an upward trend from here on.
Tomorrow and Thursday I am off from work which means during the day I will enjoy my time doing the beach triathlon (swimming, reading, sleeping) and in the evening I plan on looking for an apartment in Hoboken or Jersey City Heights . Day #2 is devoted to Dr. Waskowitz and possibly meeting up with Rob if he has some time. I am hoping that I will get the green light to take my bike outside after Thursday. I am excited to see some pavement...

3 comments:

Bob Almighty said...

just remember no out of the saddle efforts ;)

Joelle D said...

Hello!

I hope this post finds you well. Thanks for maintaining such a great blog site first of all. I use it as a wonderful health information resource as well as other things. I'm blown away by your story and very sorry to hear about your injury that was sever enough for surgery! I myself had to have L3 threw 5 fused after a long and enjoyed hobby of running and competing in triathlons. I thought my days of running and exercising was over...

This is why I wanted to reach out to you, for the health related nature of you and your blog. I work in affiliation with Hydroworx (www.hydroworx.com) and I wanted to offer you one of two things. I am trying to spread awareness of the health benefits of aquatic therapy and need your help in doing so. I would love to guest post on your site. All I ask in return is one link back to our site.

Please let me know your thoughts and thank you for your time.

Joelle

Triathlete23 said...

You have to try the brand new application for the iPhone to keep track of your training and races. Definitely the best one I have seen.

It's called 220 TriLog.

iTunes Link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/220-trilog/id405993632?mt=8&uo=4