Saturday, July 18, 2009

4 days to go

This Thursday I saw Dr. Waskowitz for the second time after my surgery. He did a quick check to see if I felt any pain by doing different movements and happily there was none. My knee isn't swollen anymore and my range of motion is better than expected. I was told to stay on crutches until Thursday and after that I can start some easy stationary biking and swimming. I have been doing my daily leg lifts (average of 3000) but I didn't get to 6000. Since last week I am keeping my leg lifted while doing my knee bends which trains my hamstring at the same time. I have lost about 1 - 2 inches off my hamstring but I am not too concerned about it since I know I can gain it back quickly on the bike.
According to my doctor I will be able to do my planed bike vacation at the end of September.I am very excited to get started on the bike. I have been doing every thing the doctor told me but the fact that I haven't felt any pain in the area of my surgery makes me a little nervous. I can't even determine where the doctor operated. I would have expected to feel a difference but I don't. I am trying to stay positive because he seems to be an amazing doctor. In 4 days I will be losing my crutches and I will see what's going to happen after that. BABY STEP'S
Here is a MRI picture of my cartilage damage. The white spot means that the cartilage is missing.

No comments: