Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Week #2 after Surgery

And another tough day on crutches is coming to an end...
My rehab has been going pretty good and I see a lot of progress every day. After week 1 my knee had been very stiff and it was constantly swollen. Every time I tried to do some bends it felt as if my skin and muscles on the inside where attached. I started off with only very little range of motion and light pain when I did bends. Now my bends are easy going and I can bend more than 90 degrees without a problem. At 110 degrees my knee seems to be blocked but I gain more range of motion from day to day. Whenever I do my exercises my knee feels so much better and the swelling goes away for a short period of time. After sitting at the desk at work it swells back up. I am almost done with week 2 on crutches and can't wait to lose them. Next week Thursday I have a second appointment with my doctor and I am hoping that he will allow me to do some very easy stationary biking. This is the first time I am looking forward to sitting on the trainer indoors.

this is my log of the passed three days.

07/05 leg lifts: 3500 bends: 1500
07/06 leg lifts: 4000 bends: 1600
07/07 leg lifts: 4000 bends: 1600

I am coming closer to the 6000 mark but the day is simply not long enough. It takes me about 30 minutes to do a set of 1000 leg lifts and 400 bends.

GOOD LUCK TO ROB AND JOSIE AT THE GRISKUS. Rob, I hope you place this year. Josie...kick some ass ala rosie the riveter ;)

1 comment:

Bob Almighty said...

Bjoern...Good luck with the rehab man. Those crutches are going to give you jack arms...my swim leads maybe a thing of the past ;)