Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ironman Arizona 2009...here I come

So what are the odds that 4 days after I decided to do IM Arizona in Tempe, AZ I meet a guy that lives in Tempe, AZ? Apparently huge. John is his name and he works at Arizona State University. My friend knows him from Southampton College where he was their internship coordinator. He came out to play in our Shelter Island Soccer Tournament this Monday. After the soccer tournament some of the players when to a nearby restaurant to chat about good old times. John was their too and I met him through two of my friends that used to go to Southampton College. He is extremely nice and offered me (and Rob) to stay at his place if we do the IM in 2009. I know its far out but hey that will safe me and Rob a few hundred dollars.

Besides that I went on another 90k ride to Montauk and back which became my standard route this year. I know every single pothole stone and tree branch that is on the road. I think by now the people on the ferry know me by my first name and every single one has heard my story of how I became a triathlete. I still don't have the lifetime South Ferry Membership but I am working on it.

1 comment:

Bob Almighty said...

Awesomeness!

and about the lifetime ferry pass, you must be getting close by now.....