Monday, August 18, 2008

Another Chapter of my Life coming to an End

Today I started packing for Austria...I still have 3 weeks to go on Shelter Island but I am going up to CT to store my belongings until I am back in January. This was the second summer I worked in Shelter Island and once again it was an amazing summer. Over the summer months I work as a Night Auditor for the Sunset Beach Hotel & Restaurant. Most of the money I make her goes right into my tuition. I have been saving up some cash so I don't need to take out anymore student loans. I wish I could buy my dream bike from Blue (T-16) but education comes first. This next semester I am going to live and study in Vienna Austria where my brother and girlfriend are living. After that I will be back for the last semester @ CCSU. One more year until I have my Bachelors of Arts in Mathematics....
That has been my summer....

The hotel...and my office (bottom right)

The sunset...


The crazy people that think they own the restaurant...

I am sad that the summer is coming to an end but at the same time I am excited to move on and finish college. I would like to get into the banking business when I am done but who knows what will happen...maybe I will be back at Sunset Beach for a third season. If anyone has contacts to banks in NYC, I am a hard worker that is looking to find a job very soon...

2 comments:

MichelleYTriMom said...

Hi Bjorn!
I am so proud of you. I cannot believe you will go off another adventure soon. I will miss you and I have tears in my eyes as I write this. I am so glad we get to spend time together before you leave and I am so glad you will be at my triathlon tonight to cheer me on. Thank you. I love you and you are my best son!
Love Your TriMommy

Bob Almighty said...

Bjoern,
When are you coming back to CT, maybe we can organize a ride.

About jobs in the Financial sector, I know The Hartford, ING, Merrill Lynch, and Travelers, are looking for math majors as accuaries...don't know if that helps and several of the companies are in CT, but they are national and international corporations.