Sunday, July 27, 2008

US Open 2008

4 years ago I came to the US as a foreign exchange student. Back than I didn't know that soccer season doesn't go all year long so in the Spring I had to switch sports and I decided to play tennis. I hadn't played much tennis before but I learned quickly and made the varsity team, first I played doubles and than worked my way up to singles. That season our team qualified for the state championship in CT. Since only the first and second single got placed without an extra qualifying game I had to qualify again which I did in an impressive 6:2, 6:1, 6:1. Lucky me in my first real tournament round I got matched up with rank # 5 in CT. After I made the first point I thought I had a slight chance but sadly that was the only point I made. The same day I saw the match of the #1 vs. #2 in CT which was an amazing game.

ANYWAYS >>> I bought US Open Tickets on Ebay today! (I think that was what I wanted to say)



secretly I am hoping to meet her ;) of course I just want to see her play tennis...(just kidding Pola. love you)

Today's practice almost got cancelled. From the time I went to bed to the time I woke up (I work nights and sleep during the day) it rained. Shelter Island got hit by another huge storm and it lasted and lasted and lasted. Towards 6pm I didn't think it's gonna stop but gladly it did. Demotivated from counting rain drops all day my room mate dragged me out for a run. I don't know if that ever happened before. Usually I am the one dragging him. It got dark really fast and we ran on main street. I convinced him to change up our running loop so we ended up going down to the South Ferry and back (5.2 miles).

Yesterdays practice consisted of a 107km ride. I think that was the first time I actually crossed the 100km mark. Even when I was training for the Ironman 70.3 Switzerland I didn't go past 90km. I went out east as far as you can go on Long Island. Turning point is the Montauk light house (worth a trip if you are out here).

Weekly total:

bike: 218km
run: 20km
swim: 0km (aaahhh...jellyfish)

No comments: