Saturday, September 20, 2008

Economics (my new passion) & Vienna

Since a few weeks I have been going nuts over everything concerning this worlds economy. I
AM HOOKED...
A few month ago I decided to change my major from Math (Secondary Education) to plain Mathematics with a minor. At that point I had no clue what minor I should work on but I knew that I only have 2 semesters left of which one will be in Vienna. I thought I could easily find a minor that I can finish in 2 semesters but I learn that it's not that easy. Prerequvisit here prerequisit there....everything takes at least 3 semesters is what I was told. I went to our econ department and met a realy nice professor that wanted to help me. He gave me permission to take three econ courses in Vienna at the same time. It might be a bit tough but if I don't want to spend another $8000 on tuition I better get through it. The funny thing was that I had no clue what economics was all about. I had no idea...
The semester hasn't even started and I have read the entire microeconomics book, I have been to a trading seminar on CFDs (Certificate for Difference), participated in 2 online seminars on trading, and I have been reading the financial section of the Vienna newspaper (I never read the newspaper my entire life). Let's see where my new passion is going to take me...
Vienna:

I am in love...I am in love with the "Wiener Stadthallenbad"...I am in love with my new pool.


No...the pool doesn't only look long and wide in the picture...it is. Rob I am sure you are jealous right now (unless you swim in a similar pool)...50m lanes (150yards).
At least two lanes are reserved for athletes (and wanna be athletes) only. The lanes are wide enough so that two people can pass a slow swimmer at the same time. The pool is phenomnial. I already bought a half year membership card for the winter. This is gonna be where I will be beating myself to better swim splits.

4 comments:

MichelleYTriMom said...

Hey Bjorn,
I don't know about Rob but I am soooooooooo jealous of your new pool facilities. When are you sending Pino and I tickets to visit in Austria? You are going to be the new king of the stock market. Come back to the U.S. and work on Wall Steet after graduation!? I will be doing the alumni race at school next month (remember you, me, Jane, and Simona did it last year?)
Take care,
TriMOmmy

Bob Almighty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob Almighty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob Almighty said...

I am jealous..very jealous... to measure your progress a good foot note to go off of is your 100m Free time in a long course (50m) pool is about 7 sec. slower than your 100yd. Freestyle time in a US short course (25 yd.)pool. on the tri club best way to reach me is at my email.