Thursday, September 25, 2008

7. Red Bull Flight Day

Last Sunday I went to the 7th Red Bull Flight Day. You might ask what it is.
It's a bunch of over motivated people trying to fly (glide) from a 20 feet high ramp with their self build "plane". Pre-flight performance, flight/glide length, and design were major criterion that decided over victory or loss. 38 teams participated in this visitor pulling spectactle. The price for the first place was a private pilote education course which I thought was really cool. Maybe I will start next year too. 60000 visitors gathered around a little bay in Vienna too watch these people jump into the cold Donau

here are some pictures of last Sunday's heros:

you won't believe it but that was the winner...unfolded.

aaaaahhhhhhhh....down it goes

Pola's dog (Teddy)

my favorite....perfect aerodynamics like my bike frame...too bad their plane was made out of metal and didn't glide too well

5 comments:

Bob Almighty said...

Sorry didn't mean to seem so rude on the phone...my boss was giving me the "evil eye". But usually the best way to reach me is email...

hmm...maybe we should make a glider for the flutag next year...an x-wing to beat the tie fighter perhaps.

iron-boyer said...

I think they have the red bull fly day in the US too...we should build a CenTRI Aero Wing
:D

MichelleYTriMom said...

Hey Bjorn!
Count me in on the CenTri Aero Wing. How fun would that be?! Of course you and Bob can pilot it.
Email me on my regular account and touch base.
I am doing the CCSU 5K-the race you won 3rd last year. I just want to beat my time. Write/call soon
Love ya,
TriMom

Bob Almighty said...

Dude are you alive...I'm going into to Euro-blogging withdrawl.

Bob Almighty said...

Bjoern, if AZ sells out would you be down for Kentucky?