Saturday, May 31, 2008

Training with the Pros

Over the last two days I used the oppertunities to get some advice from the pros. At the Ironman 70.3 Switzerland they offered two swim practice sessions and two bike practice sessions with some of the pros that start on Sunday. At the wetsuit test on Friday they showed me how to put on the wetsuit correctly. I didn't know that it was a science on it own. Taking it off was a whole nother story. I was able to test my wetsuit a couple of times more and Jimmy Johnsen (DK) gave me some great advice to improve my swim. On Saturday Jimmy Johnsen (DK), Jonathan Hotchkiss (GBR) und Nicole Hofer showed us the bike course which I expected to be more hilly. Not like a short 15% incline isn't bad but I expected it to be harder (I am not complaining). On the ride on saturday I noticed that my bike needed some minor adjustments and thanks to Tempo-Sport (a local bike shop) all that was taken care of in few minutes.
At the Ironman shop I already saw my new bikeing outfit :) Red-White-Black Ironman 70.3 Switzerland shirt and pants that match my bike. Gotta have it.
Right now I am just relaxing and eating some pasta. I started drinking lots of fluids and I threw in some Magnesium and Calcium tablets to refill my body. I am really excited and can't wait for tomorrow to come.

2 comments:

Bob Almighty said...

Go fast and kick some ass tomorrow man! You rock!

Bob Almighty said...

Dude a 5:07 Half Iron, if you work on that swim split you'd be golden. Good job man, if you do the Nutmeg I'm going to have my work cut out for me.